Apparently, ALL crafters possessing Master Crafting Tome V (in a given field) can AUTOMATICALLY gain access to (previously-) “Specialist” recipes!!
aka You do NOT have to have a Soul of the Whatever crystal equipped to be able to make Ala Mhigan gear anymore!
Despite this BRILLIANT news, it would still behoove one to set all three specialists, because the crystals do give each crafter +20 Control AND +20 Craftsmanship. Again, one character can only choose (up to) three Specialists.
(If you lost your Soul of the Crafter crystals (or simply wanna switch camps), you can get them from Rowena’s store in Rhalgar’s Reach for 480 Red Crafters’ Scrips.)
This article began as “some stuff to keep in mind so you don’t fail quests due to environmental snags,” but it quickly became obvious to me that certain artistic and/or game-play elements might stick in some of y’all’s craws, so you get to read both “warnings” below.
Collecting/gathering some items (ie poisoncup, flashbug, paratoad) will release the poison or flashylight that you could rather use against enemies.
The scoutflies can be hard-to-follow if it’s broad daylight in the game, but it could also cause problems for those with sensitive eyes when tracking them in darker conditions (like caves, for example).
“TRIGGER WARNINGS” for Unsuspecting Players
If you have trypophobia, you should avoid this game. (Trust me. I have several patients with that condition and they would definitely not stand for this.)
If you have a problem with patterns, you should really avoid this game, especially the second main part.
If you have PTSD related to being chased or having to hide from something volatile and scary, you should pass on this one.
Welcome to the first 2018 issue of PLAYED Magazine!
After weeks and weeks of “blah, blah, BLAH,” the past fiveish days have been “sis, boom, BAH!” what with the release of Monster Hunter: WORLD, the FFXII event over at FF Brave Exvius, and, of course, the dropping of PATCH 4.2 into the lives of Eorzeans everywhere!
Stay tuned for continuing coverage and features on these and other titles, together with up-to-the-minute news and reviews of paper-and-pencil, card-based, PC-based, iOS/Android-based, and other (sorts of) games we’ve PLAYED… (get it??)
circa 7:48 am Patch Day
UPDATE: You can *totally* log in now, so yay for that!
Here are some notes and news flashes following this terrifying and stressful moment in time:
(AUTHOR’S NOTE: It will be 5 am EST when the game re-opens, hence the title.)
Call me a freak, but I could NOT allow Patch 4.2 to drop without making myself a handy-dandy little checklist of Stuff to Check Out (or “Up On”) at 5 am today!
While we’re waiting, why not CHECK out the
Things I’m MOST excited about in Patch 4.2
(Get it? Check? CHECK?? Sigh.)
- 999 STACKS (hello, I be a crafter)
- Rewards for Gaganaskin Treasure Maps and Gazelleskin Treasure Maps have been adjusted. (Um, what? Can people please elabourate upon this morsel of goodness so certain authors of this article don’t fall over??)
- “Any fixtures applied to the exterior or interior of an estate will become bound, while the fixture being replaced will be moved to your inventory.” FANTASTIC! I’ve been distraught over my 700k Ice Chandeliers (that’s 700 EACH btw). Now I can have them in my inventory! YES!
- Luminous Fiber went from requiring THREE glass fibers to just ONE glass fiber. AND guess what? Glass fibers are now available from Grand Companies for 7000 seals!
- “Ehcatl” (now called “Quick-Hardening Sealant”) can now be bought from GC! (Along with the aforementioned Glass Fibers.)
- Apart from the 999 item stacks (YESSSSS!!!!!) there’s ALSO now a removal of the “unique” status of certain items like Crag Heart, Barb of the Whorl, etc. (primal-related)
- New stuff can be stowed away in the Armoire!
- BEST OF ALL, tho… NEW GATHERING POINTS HAVE BEEN ADDED!! :) :) :) x 10000!!!
- The Submarine thing seems pretty cool, too.
- OH, and NEW CRAFTING RECIPES (including MASTER recipes! YES! I think this even calls for a WOO HOOOOO! Which has heretofore-NEVER dropped from my lips, btw.)
Lots of names changed, too.
For example, EHCATL SEALANT is now called “Quick-Hardening Sealant.” (And the price for that particular item went from eight to THREE Ixali Oaknots.
Some of the Master Crafter Tomes have decreased in price (argh) and so have many of the Rowena-related gear and other-such-goodies for Disciples of Land and Hand.
Lots of name-switching in the TOME-stones too, btw.
Speaking of which, “Airship Repair Materials” are now called “Magitek Repair Materials,” for some reason. (Maybe they can fix submarines too? Then again, Cid wouldn’t be too happy with that name-change, seeing how he’s the premiere Airship Dude, eh?)